Contact & Handouts

Monday, October 26, 2009

Sketch of A view from a rooftop garden in the evening

We were invited to a artist's house for some tea and chat. The couple has the most exquisite, relaxing sanctuary like rooftop garden that over looks the center city. We sat in the garden, having tea while the sun was drifting away, watching the layers of clouds changing from red to yellow, and to bright orange pink. While we can experience so much in life- good, bad, sorrow,happy, grief... We will all eventually be forgotten and become simple organisms, rejoin nature and its endless journey to provide for new lives. With this thought, I feel truly fortunate to live a life that gives me enough time to treasure what people took for granted, loved ones, career, friends, and to create a family of my own. Now I think I can begin to understand and appreciate the color of her paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely view! Love the water. Your attitude reminds me of myself now. Too bad I didn't have a better sense when I was younger, but it's never too late to enjoy what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ako. You're right, it's never too late to enjoy what really matters to us:)

    ReplyDelete