Contact & Handouts

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mid Term den-den-den--!!

Just survived the midterm of the midterm! The real Midterm is at the end of this semester. The critics are a bless to the artists- despite getting over loaded with too much feedback can short the fuse a bit...anyway. The critics went fine!
I haven't figure out a name for this painting yet, but it has everything to do with "private nudity"and "public nudity".  I am not a nudist, and doubt that I would ever be one, but I am essentially nude, as we all are behind clothing.  I think it's ironic to somehow condemn nudity in public but is fine behind doors.  When I modeled for painters, I modeled for 20 or 30 artists, I loved it.  The entire academic painting is based on life models, are these models "shameless" to have helped to created figurative art?  Actually, this was still an issue in the early 1900's at places as civil as Philadelphia, where Thomas Eakins once taught.

This is life model and made up back ground.  Also not sure what to name it.

No comments:

Post a Comment