Contact & Handouts

Monday, January 29, 2007

1/5 of semester

Weeks have gone by since I first started PAFA. 10 classes is not that big of deal, so far. Of course I am able to say that is because the amount of home work that I am getting weekly is mild enough it even allow me to watch my favorite "SCRUBS" every night for a couple of hours. If you happen to be a fan of SCRUBS , take a guess of my favorite guy :D
Now let's gossip :] Painting class and drawing are both great. I think I learned a lot from the painting class, but I can't quit explain about it. As beginers, we were tought how to use primary colors and limited palett to paint something simple, like an apple, or a pear. For the first time I see "tempreture" in my painting. That's a good thing. The drawing class is sometimes confusing to me. When people toss around big words such like "mass' "form" and "relationship", especially when they are constructed into one long conclusion, I get blacked-out. I thing the best way to understanding a issue regarding to drawing is to draw. So I have been drawing cast on the sculpture hall. There are hundreds of extrodinary casts and busts,even the "Victory Nike" and "david".
The wood printing and intaglio class are fun and messey. I shall put up some good prints when they actually come out nice for me. Antomy class and sculpture class are the haviest class because I have to carry around a huge tool box and my locker happende to be one size smaller than others.

Enjoy my gossip :D


A sketch of my classmate





Drawing with Scott Noel






















Painting with Douglas Martonson






3 comments:

  1. Very nice drawings and painting once again ! And that's right "restricted area 13" was a good french action movie. You have just to take some french class now :oD !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! It's nice to see you haven't lost that great sense of line and gesture with the figure. YOU ROCK!! hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are kickin' ass man. these look great! hope your classes are going well. congrats on getting in too.

    ReplyDelete