Contact & Handouts

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Summer Oil Sketch Series

Finally! This long awaited summer arrives!! It's hard to be working in the studio while there is so much gorgeousness going on outside! Since school is out, we have been traveling, even though I know I should be working towards graduation...But how can I resist??  I do, however, work when I can...See evidence below---->


Now back to the subject.  My plan for the summer project is to finish things that weren't completed in the spring semester, before jumping into anything new.  I have ideas, a lots of them, but they will have to wait a bit.  Meanwhile, I am working with a model to re-develop figures in a series of short oil sketches, not allowing enough time to elaborate any details.  It works, although with a very dead pallet,  the color relationships is a bit confusing. 

2 comments:

  1. Omg! The perfect portrayal of Steve's smile! Love the color markers! Keep up the good work,Ben and I really look forward to the wedding!
    xoxoxoxo
    Stephanie V

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEHEHE,Great pen mark artwork,I hope you guys are doing well.I´ll start posting stuff again in "bicando" really soon,just finishing some loose ends here and there computer wise speaking that is.
    Warm embrace from Portugal to you guys,and enjoy the heat :)

    Your friend_BB

    ReplyDelete