Contact & Handouts

Thursday, September 6, 2007

PAFA week2

School really began after the Labor's day. My classes are so far going well-of course later I will be kicking and screaming about it. Everybody says "oooh--that's so cute" to the fact that Mike and I are going to the same school together now. I guess it does sound cute, right :)


FROM THE DRAWING CLASS

homeless man sleeps in the park
pencil on paper



building and space
pencil and pastel on paper



people and shadow

pencil and pastel on paper

4 comments:

  1. In a first time, for the drawing about the homeless man, I saw a salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These drawings are so nice and loose. Lots of atmosphere to them. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this from you yet--very nice! Sounds like you are having fun. Hope it lasts....

    I've had little sleep this week, but it's my own fault for not getting more done over the weekend!
    Let me know how things go at Mike's Monster show tonight. I'm sorry I can't make it--too much reading and shooting. A nature park across the street has been great for the photos--a couple of the instructors were talking again about how I should have my own show. I guess if they keep saying that, I probably should. Can't hurt to try, right? Maybe I'll take these most recent ones to them when they are more like I want them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful drawings, Echo. I especially love the big, abstracted shapes in the man sleeping. It is handled so nicely that I got lost in enjoying the forms before I realized that it was a person. I also loved seeing the atmosphere that you captured in the buildings. Nice edges, nice looseness.

    Keep drawing!

    ReplyDelete