Contact & Handouts

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Left VS Right

I am working on exercising the equilibrium between left and the right hand, it's been very interesting. My right hand works stronger contour, while my left hand works more diligent, less idealistic lines. The similarity between drawing and piano playing, to me, is the eyes see what is in front of us and the brain processes it. For artist, the brain sends signal to whoever are more eager to take the job, which would be the right hand to most of the people. To a musician, particularly a piano player, often both hands are required to play a piece, therefore both hands are well trained in order to collaborate in the get-go of our training. However, the information is in our brain, not our hands. I believe everyone should be able to write with both left and right hand, with a little training, you can easily operate and switch hands, imagine how cool that would be :)


With Right hand (Very stronger lines, almost suffocating)


With left hand (much softer, more sensitive)



With left hand

With left hand


With left hand

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love these sketches... and you can draw with both hands. You're full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make some great points Suni. Wow using your left hand really made the figures have so much more movement. Very nice. I'm going to try this one of these days to see what type of results I get. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ako, your beagle is so cuuuttt, I can see why you love him so much :) Nice figure drawing by the way!
    Thanks, Pablo, I had been dying to see how it would turned out. I guess I am also preparing for the unthinkable of life :) Funny thing though, my left hand writing is still very child like...or maybe it's just in an abstract form... good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete