Contact & Handouts

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lithography -Old Factory

Lithography is soooo hard, but the result could be so surprising :) I like it because you can basically draw with a crayon or oil stencil and get exactly what you drew. The tricky part is mixing acid and GA. The trickier part is the printing process, it definitely requires good team work :)

"Old Abandoned Factory"
lithography
8x11

There is something very mysterious and touching about the remains of industrial facilities, like this old abandoned factory. I have no clue what the factory was build for or what it produced. It's been standing alone in an area surrounded by private business, small factories and artist studios for years. The building is rusty, all of its extended parts seem to be falling apart, yet it stands, in the arms of weeds and grass growing almost as tall as itself. What can I say~ I love abandoned things :)

3 comments:

  1. Really nice drawing Suni. I love how it has that serene feel to it and really like the contrast of the building to the man and his dog. Really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...such fluidity,damn !
    I wish i could draw like this !
    I bow to the master (I´m bowing right now), Ouch -Damn my back !!!
    S-S-suni, sorry, could you help me up ?
    I think i pulled a tendon out.
    Art lovers suffer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am flattered:P Thank you both guys!
    I do have to say though, Litho is fun when you know what to do..And it's extremely physically demanding..And the result, can be amazing!

    ReplyDelete