Contact & Handouts

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Figure Drawing Week 12

This week I expermented with some bright color pastels,the result was interestingly messy. Always remember when you use pastels make sure you spray fix it after finishing. Anyway,I like pastels very much because you can easily work layers on layers and erasing doesn't take much effort.
Good news for figure drawing lovers: the figure drawing hours will continue through the semester, so I will see some of you eveyr Tuesday:)

pastel 1


pastel 2


pastel 3


Gesture 1


Gesture 2


gesture 3

3 comments:

  1. It was great to see you try the pastels this week Echo. I've had those things since Highschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whats up? Henry Here... took a little longer then I wanted to, but my Blog is finally up... my website with the REAL stuff should be up in the next couple weeks. ...ohh, anyway. I really like the 3rd pastel piece down... the warm colors sitting on the cool colors look great. All right then, talk to you later.
    PS Did you ever take a look at the DVD I gave to Mike? I'd love to hear any comments... good or bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like these pastels, though it can't be easy trying to throw color into the mix when you're working so fast. This would be great practise I think for working in oils. It's great to be able to get as much as you can in quickly and then just finesse the painting. Nice work and I hope I see more of this kind of experimentation!

    ReplyDelete