Contact & Handouts

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Saturday painting

This beautiful garden is located at Greenhill, Wilmington. We stayed from 15:30 to about 19:00. I was able to block all mine objects when I began with it, three and half hours later I realized it was impossible to finish it; the light had changed so much I started losing all kinds of shades well before the end. Although it was a great experiment and fun for a nice summer day.














I hope when I get to my 20th painting it wouldn't look like this one :P


Afterwards the gang went to BORDERS book store, while I sat down drinking my evening coffee there was a little time for sketches.



6 comments:

  1. Hey, looks like you went to Gibralter! I've gone there a few times to shoot, but have seriously wanted to paint there. I know the feeling of frustration you get when your shadows keep changing in the landscape. I've done several ink washes of landscapes and yeah, you have to work fast. I really love what you got down though. The sense of light and space is there even though it isn't finished. It was a great start. Maybe you could just do a great fake on the rest...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! I just looked at the larger shot of you with the paint all over yourself!! Maybe when it gets cooler you can wear a haz-mat (hazardous materials) suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I was greatly critisized by Mike and Thomas about my little dirty habit of letting the paint get everywhere...I had to take a shower to wash the paint off. This is going to be the toughest thing for me painting with oil. Gouch is so much eaiser when it comes to cleaning. It was a fun day though, you should come next time, we will play "who wants to push thomas down in the pool", HAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wearing paint is fun. Unless you're painting a bathroom. (But that would be my dad, not me.)

    Looks like you were having a blast! And the painting was great--sorry, I don't have all the artistic terms down so I can't be more specific than that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, my mom actually said that this one is better than the last one, simple words are just good for me. I don't think I am capable to take a harsh critique like someone upstairs does, hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! :) And...nice painting, Echo!

    -John

    ReplyDelete