Contact & Handouts

Friday, January 30, 2009

60 minutes study of a self portrait

I was doing a study of another self portrait yesterday, while only allow one hour for each session, the painting turned out better than I had expected. The form is more solid and proportion of the facial contour in comparison to the structure is closer to the subject than my past results. I think I captured some details of my over all look, despite certain areas were depicted too harshly, like the eyes and the nose. The lips are also too full they looked as they belong to someone else. One of the biggest problem of the study is that I usually tend to observe and receive too much, so much so it made my colors muddy and flat.
life at PAFA is still going good, plenty of friends:) I only have two classes this semester, one is landscape by Larry Francis, the other is a drawing seminar by Ron Wyffle, both are lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment