Contact & Handouts

Thursday, January 15, 2009

George Tooker Retro 01/29/2009!!!!



Egg tempera
, one of the most used painting medium before the invention of oil paint, still used by some artists to created images and ideas today. George Tooker, one of the few artists who are able to make a successful career using tempera to produce works that are exhibited and traveled around the world. Tooker creates figures interacting with each other in space, whether talking, listening or thinking, There is always a great sense of solitude within his works. His nudes reminiscing Baroque and Renaissance art. The soft skin tone, the misteriors lighting and the romantic dialogue all derive from his own imagination with reference to his studies in art and literature. Peter Saul and George Tooker are the two biggest inspirations to my current work. I am glad the Geroge Tooker show is now going to happen in PAFA, Following up the Reter Saul retrospective before my graduation from the school. How exciting! So I will be there, along with my friends and fellow classmates to celebrate the Geroge Tooker Retrospective.

1 comment:

  1. Echo baby I called and left a message last night. Jay said he is really excited to see you again and thank you for the RSVP the Tooker gala. Call me when you get the message^^!

    ReplyDelete