Contact & Handouts

Monday, December 20, 2010

Man In Cute Hat

Life is an endless source of inspiration.
I still remember my childhood, I couldn't blend in with other kids, because I would doodle on anything anytime- books, papers, walls...Boy didn't I have fun :) Well, call it "a very productive childhood with advance drawing"...if you would. Funny thing is, what seemed to be a great waste of time, turned out to be the best skill that happened to me. Had I followed others for fear of being "different", I would have grown up the "normal" way, the "accepted" way, the "way" some see as "boring but right". I guess I have grown up use to being "unaccepted". If life has taught me anything so far, it is to never be a "push over", and never look down on myself. No matter what others may think of me or have to say, I plan to make the best out whatever gifts life handed me.
The painting is of someone very special and dear to me. It is also a parody of many classical Renaissance's portraits:) The hat, which is definitely the focus point, was bought as a birthday gift...But we just couldn't wait :)


3 comments:

  1. :D Little suni, I cracked up laughing when I saw this,it´s pretty cool,i´m sure Michael Angelo would be puzzled looking upon it :)
    And you are right,sometimes it´s a great thing to be different,I believe all great Men and Women that achieved something and made it into the History books were all a little awkward when they were kids.
    Ei,check out your Email but do not open till Xmas, K ? Be cool you guys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear BB, I have to confess...I opened the card without thinking! And it was the funniest xmas card I had ever seen!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA, we both cracked like two eggs in a frying pan:D Your are always letting your friends having the best of it:) Grannie should be very proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DID WHAT :( !!!...hahhahaha,sorry I can´t pretend to be angry with you,I just crack up laughing :D I´m glad you guys liked it,but did you saw what they did ? Pushing me off the sleigh like that,I could have broken my neck,grrrrrrrrrrr :( but I´ll get them just wait and see,MUHAHAHAHA(evil laughter)HAHAHA, this means you´ll be getting another Xmas card real soon ;)
    p.s. The post above this one is very good,I mean youwere right on the money,and I AM sad and concerned about these kids,will also make a post about this in another time,there is much to be said about this.
    Gran is cool,she says HI and Merry Xmas.

    ReplyDelete